Your member profile
Read time: 2 minutes
Last edited: Feb 07, 2023
This topic explains how to access and use the Profile page to manage the information associated with your member profile.
Every LaunchDarkly account member has a unique member profile.
From the profile, you can take the following actions:
- View your roles and permissions
- Change your display name
- Change the email address associated with your account
- Change your password, if your organization does not use single sign-on (SSO)
- Update your notification settings
- Enable or disable multi-factor authentication (MFA)
Access your profile
To access your account profile, click your display picture and choose "My profile" from the menu.
View your roles and permissions
You can read about the permissions that you have from the Permissions page.
Access the Permissions page page from your profile by clicking on the Access link under "My profile."
You can also navigate to the Permissions page from the Members tab of the Account settings page.
The Permissions page shows you the built-in, custom, and team roles that have been assigned to you.
To learn more about each of these role types, read:
Change your display name and email address
You can change your display name or email address from your profile. Here's how:
- Navigate to your profile.
- In the "My profile" section, type in the First name, Last name, and/or Email address fields to change them.
- Click Update my info.
Your changes are confirmed. Test them by logging out and logging back in with your updated email address. If you changed your name, your new display name appears after you log in.
Change your password
You can set your LaunchDarkly password from the Profile tab in the Account settings page. You must have your current password to reset your password while logged in. If you sign in to LaunchDarkly though an SSO provider, such as Okta, Google, or your organization's SSO, you can reset your password through that provider. To learn more, read Single sign-on.
New LaunchDarkly passwords must have:
- at least eight characters, and at least three of the four following items
- one uppercase letter,
- one lowercase letter,
- one number, or
- one special character.
To set a new password:
- Click your account icon in the top right. A menu appears.
- Click "My profile". Your profile page appears.
- In the "My password" section, enter your password in the Current password field.
- Enter a new password in the New password field.
- Re-enter the password identically in the Confirm new password field.
- Click Update my password.
Your password is confirmed. You can test it by logging out and logging back in with the new password.
You can also reset your password by following this procedure. To learn more about why you may need to reset your password, read Resetting your password.
Update your notification settings
You can receive notifications from LaunchDarkly for each new approval request or flag change in the following ways:
- Check the "Inbox" checkbox to receive notifications in your LaunchDarkly inbox. To learn more, read Using the inbox.
- Check the "Email" checkbox to receive emails at the email address associated with your LaunchDarkly account.
- Check the "Slack" checkbox to receive Slack notifications, if you have the Slack integration set up. To learn more, read Slack.
Enable multi-factor authentication
MFA is a security practice that requires someone to verify their identify through multiple methods before they can access an account. LaunchDarkly supports MFA. Individual members can enable or disable MFA from their profile.
LaunchDarkly account admins and owners can force all account members to use MFA. If MFA is enabled project-wide, you will not have the option to enable or disable MFA from your member profile.
To learn how to enable MFA from your profile, read Multi-factor authentication.