Read time: 1 minute
Last edited: Mar 04, 2021
This topic explains the workflow to authorize or revoke access of an OAuth app.
You can connect your LaunchDarkly account to external applications, such as the LaunchDarkly Slack app, using the OAuth 2.0 protocol. When you authorize an OAuth application, you grant the application access to information and actions a user might take. Some applications can act on your behalf, such as by turning feature flags on and off.
Your LaunchDarkly credentials and billing information will never be shared with any OAuth application you authorize.
If you are interested in developing an OAuth application, Register a new OAuth application to get started developing your own.
On initial authorization, an OAuth app shows you a complete list of permissions it requires in order to work. While the app may have the capability to perform many actions in LaunchDarkly, the app's ability to do anything is limited by the abilities of the user who authorizes it.
Additionally, if your own permissions are reduced, applications you have previously authorized will have reduced permissions as will.
We care about the security of your information. You or an Administrator can revoke an app's permission to use your account at any time.
To disconnect an app:
- Navigate to the Account settings page.
- Click into the Authorization tab.
- In the "Authorized applications" section, locate the app you would like to disconnect.
- Click Review. The "Application access" screen appears.
- Click Revoke. A confirmation screen appears.
- Review the impact of revoking the app. and type "yes" to confirm if you still wish to revoke the app.
- Click Revoke.
The application's access is revoked immediately.