Viewing, comparing, and copying flag settings
Read time: 2 minutes
Last edited: Feb 27, 2023
This topic explains how to view flags across multiple environments, and compare and copy flag settings between two environments.
Viewing flags across multiple environments
Viewing a flag across multiple environments allows you to compare the targeting, variations served, default values when on, and default off variations of your feature flag.
To view a flag across multiple environments:
- Navigate to the flags list.
- Find the flag you wish to view and click the overflow menu:
Choose the "Overview across environments" option. The "Overview across environments" panel appears.
Use the table to compare the flag's targeting and variation settings across environments.
If there are certain environments you want to pin to the top of the list, search for them in the "Pin environments for easier comparison" menu.
Comparing and copying flag settings between two environments
Copying flag settings is available to customers on an Enterprise plan. To learn more, read about our pricing. To upgrade your plan, contact Sales.
You can compare and copy a flag's settings between two environments. To learn how to clone a flag, rather than just copy its settings, read Cloning flags.
To compare and copy a flag's settings:
- Navigate to the flags list and click the overflow menu.
- Choose "Compare flags." The "Compare flags" screen appears.
- Choose a Source environment from the menu. This is the environment you will be copying flag settings from.
- Choose a Target environment. This is the environment you will be copying flag settings into. A list of flags appears indicating the differences between the two environments:
- Click a flag's row to view how the flag's settings differ between the two environments. The current flag settings for the target environment appear in the first column, and the proposed flag settings for the target environment appear in the second column.
- Select checkboxes to choose which settings you would like to copy from the source environment:
- Click Copy settings. Or, optionally click the more options menu and select "Request approval" to send an approval request for your changes.
Your settings are now copied into the target environment.
If the environment you're copying changes to requires approval, you will be prompted to request approval from another member. To learn more, read Approvals.
You can copy all custom targeting rules simultaneously with the Select all checkbox. However, if one of your rules references a segment that does not exist in the target environment, you cannot copy any targeting rules. You will still be able to copy Targeting state, Prerequisites, Individual context targets, the Default rule when on, and the default off variation ("If targeting is off, serve").