Read time: 2 minutes
Last edited: May 18, 2020
This topic explains how to use the LaunchDarkly Sleuth integration.
The LaunchDarkly Sleuth integration tracks feature flags as a source of change in your DevOps tools. Sleuth captures the full state of your LaunchDarkly feature flags at deployment time. This helps you keep track of the affected code deploys, what environment the change occurred in, who changed the flag, and flag descriptions and values before and after code deploys.
To connect Sleuth to LaunchDarkly, you must meet the following prerequisites:
- You must have access to your LaunchDarkly credentials and
- A LaunchDarkly account with a
The integration is initiated from your Sleuth account. After you connect it, you do not need to take further action. There are no Sleuth settings or preferences to configure in LaunchDarkly.
To connect the Sleuth integration with LaunchDarkly:
- Log into your Sleuth Dashboard.
- In the left sidebar, click the Create dropdown, then click Add feature flags.
- Click Enable LaunchDarkly feature flags.
- Click Authorize. This allows Sleuth to read and modify your LaunchDarkly data.
- Confirm that the integration has connected LaunchDarkly and Sleuth by finding the LaunchDarkly feature flags enabled button in the Sleuth integration card.
Now that you've set up the Sleuth LaunchDarkly integration, you must configure Sleuth to know which feature flags it should track.
To select a LaunchDarkly project and environment to track:
- Navigate to the Integrations page in LaunchDarkly and find the Sleuth integration card.
- Click LaunchDarkly feature flags enabled.
- Select the Feature Flag Project and Environment you want to track.
- Give the integration a Name.
- Click Create.
After the connection is established, the Sleuth trend graph appears. Use this graph to monitor how your feature flags impact your code over time. You're set—now sit back and let Sleuth track your code over time.
To remove the Sleuth integration:
- Log in to your Sleuth account.
- Click the gear icon in the upper-right corner of the dashboard.
- Click Delete. A confirmation screen appears.
- Click Delete again to confirm.
This removes the LaunchDarkly integration.
With the Slack integration in Sleuth, you can notify your entire team, or just the commit author or PR initiator, of a code change. This includes feature flag changes.
To learn more, read Sleuth's documentation.
The Sleuth Slack integration works independently from the LaunchDarkly Slack integration. If you use both, you may see notifications from both Sleuth and LaunchDarkly about flag activity.
To learn more about the LaunchDarkly Slack integation, read Slack.