Using flag triggers with SignalFx
Read time: 1 minute
Last edited: Jun 16, 2021
This topic explains how to use LaunchDarkly's trigger feature with SignalFx. For example, you can create an alert in SignalFx that toggles a flag on or off if a performance metric drops below a certain threshold.
In order to complete this topic, you must meet the following prerequisites:
- You must have a feature flag with a trigger. To learn more about creating triggers, read Creating a new flag trigger.
- You must have access to the trigger's URL. To learn more about accessing trigger URLs, read Understanding flag triggers' security.
- You must have an existing SignalFx account.
Connecting a LaunchDarkly trigger to SignalFx takes two steps.
- Create a webhook in SignalFx with your trigger URL, and
- Connect that webhook to a SignalFx Detector.
To configure a webhook to be triggered by Detector events and changes:
- Log in to SignalFx.
- Go to the Integrations tab and Select the "Webhook" integration.
- Click on New Integration.
- Enter a human-readable name in the Name field and paste the trigger URL into the URL field.
- Click Save.
To configure a recipient on a SignalFx Detector:
- Create or select the Detector you want associated with the trigger in the Alerts tab. To learn more about Detectors and how to configure them, read SignalFx's documentation.
- From the Detector configuration popup, click on Alert recipients.
- Click on Add Recipient, select Webhook... from the dropdown, and then choose the webhook you created.
- Click Activate Alert Rule to activate your alert.