Using flag triggers with SignalFx
Read time: 1 minute
Last edited: Mar 16, 2023
Flag triggers is an Enterprise feature
Flag triggers is available to customers on an Enterprise plan. To learn more, read about our pricing. To upgrade your plan, contact Sales.
This topic explains how to use LaunchDarkly's trigger feature with SignalFx. For example, you can create an alert in SignalFx that toggles a flag on or off if a performance metric drops below a certain threshold.
In order to complete this topic, you must meet the following prerequisites:
- You must have a feature flag with a trigger. To learn more about creating triggers, read Creating a new flag trigger.
- You must have access to the trigger's URL. To learn more about accessing trigger URLs, read Understanding flag triggers' security.
- You must have an existing SignalFx account.
Connecting a flag trigger to SignalFx
Connecting a LaunchDarkly trigger to SignalFx takes two steps.
- Create a webhook in SignalFx with your trigger URL, and
- Connect that webhook to a SignalFx Detector.
Setting up a webhook in SignalFx
To configure a webhook to be triggered by Detector events and changes:
- Log in to SignalFx.
- Go to the Integrations tab and select the "Webhook" integration.
- Click on New Integration.
- Enter a human-readable name in the Name field and paste the trigger URL into the URL field.
- Click Save.
Adding the webhook to a Detector as a recipient
To configure a recipient on a SignalFx Detector:
- Create or select the Detector you want associated with the trigger in the "Alerts" tab. To learn more about Detectors and how to configure them, read SignalFx's documentation.
- From the Detector configuration popup, click on Alert recipients.
- Click on Add Recipient, select "Webhook..." from the menu, and then choose the webhook you created.
- Click Activate Alert Rule to activate your alert.