Page view conversion metrics
Read time: 1 minute
Last edited: Mar 01, 2023
This topic explains how to create a page view conversion metric for an experiment in LaunchDarkly.
SDKs send events at regular intervals, such as every five seconds. If a browser redirects an end user to another page, any events that occurred between when the SDK last sent events and when browser redirected the end user will be lost. To avoid this, call track and then flush when you know the browser will redirect an end user to another page, such as on click.
For example, you might want to track how often customers view an item when its price is discounted different amounts.
Creating page view conversion metrics
To create a page view conversion metric:
- Follow steps 1-7 in Creating click conversion metrics until you have configured the form up to the "Event information" section.
- Click the Event kind menu and select "Page view":
- Specify the type of Target URL you want to track behavior on. To learn about the different options for URL matching, read the table in Creating click conversion metrics.
- (Optional) Click Add additional URL to track behavior on more than one URL.
- Choose one or more context kinds available for experiments for the metric to measure events from.
Using invalid randomization units will result in invalid experiment results. To learn more, read Randomization units. If you're unsure of which randomization unit to use, contact Support for help determining valid context kind selections.
- Click Save metric.
After you create a metric, you can connect it to an experiment. To learn how, read Building experiments.