Accelerate dashboard metrics
Read time: 1 minute
Last edited: Feb 02, 2023
Accelerate is only available to members of LaunchDarkly's Early Access Program (EAP). If you want access to this feature, join the EAP.
This category contains documentation topics about LaunchDarkly's Accelerate dashboard and its metric views.
The Accelerate dashboard provides an overview of four important metrics that help you track and optimize your deployments and releases.
These metrics include:
Accelerate defines a deployment as a new code change your team has introduced to an environment, and defines a release as when you change how customers experience your application. These metrics are often significantly different for teams that have adopted feature flagging, so you need to track both to fully understand how and when changes are going out to your customers.
To provide insight on speed and stability for both deployments and releases, Accelerate defines the following metrics and associated views:
- Deployment frequency: The number of deployments per time period. This metric view also includes a table of recent deployments, their details, and their statuses. To learn more, read Deployment frequency.
- Release frequency: The number of flag changes per time period. This metric view also includes a table of recent flag changes by change type and flag key. To learn more, read Release frequency.
- Lead time: The time from first code commit to deployment. This metric view breaks the total lead time into steps, including coding time, pull request (PR) lifespan, deployment wait time, and deployment duration. It also includes a table of recent PRs and the environments you deployed them to. To learn more, read Lead time.
- Flag coverage: The ratio of PRs that contain flag changes to the total number of PRs for the selected applications. This metric view also includes a table of recent PRs that contained flag changes. To learn more, read Flag coverage.
- Flag health The number of stale flags to the total number of temporary flags for the selected environment. This metric view includes a summary of stale flags and recommendations for which flags can be removed. To learn more, read Flag health.